Microfinishing Sharpening Film QTY Grit Micron Color Reference 3 800 15 Orange 3 2000 9 White / Blue
All of Sharpo's sharpening film share these great features:
• Precision Graded: Superior to traditional sandpapers.
• Faster: Unlike whetstones, prep work is not necessary. Start sharpening right away.
• Easier: The films adhesive back adheres to glass and easily peals away when ready to be replaced.
• Stronger: Water proof and oil resistant. Lasts longer than sandpaper.
• Precise: More grades allows for micro precision and extreme sharpness.
• Manufactured in the USA.
"Gets to an extremely sharp edge faster than my sharpening stone..."
I have come to find out the 1200 grit doesn't last very long AND the adhesive stays on whatever it is applied to and therefore makes a big mess problem cleaning it off before I can apply another sheet in its place! The 500 and 3000 grit seem to last a little longer and the adhesive pulls off with the sheet which is perfect and ideal to replace the new sheet. I'm going back to using diamond stones for a few reasons. One is, I have to be careful with these sheets because they will scratch easily and tear if I am not careful with blade placement.
Exactly what I wanted for my glass slabs. Gets all of my carving tools wicked sharp. Even attached to dowels for my hook knives. Will be buying more of it shortly.